Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gone To Grandma's


My youngest two cuties have been at their grandma's house for the past week!!! I have felt a lot of different things this week, so I want to write them down before I go get them tomorrow, and my crazy life is back to the way it should be!!


*My house is soooo quiet without their little voices asking me hundreds of questions a day!!! I have really missed Kamren and her drawings and ideas for yard sales and cards for friends and family members. I haven't had to pick up a random piece of paper with a little drawing on it in almost a week!!! And Daxton just not being around has been hard! He is like my little buddy and I miss having a little buddy!

*My big kids could care less where I am or what I am doing!!! I have gotten out of bed after 9 for at least the past 3 mornings in a row and nobody seemed to care! My girls were already dressed, fed and had all their chores done before I even had my eyes open for the day! They even asked me when we were having scriptures, this morning!!! It is amazing how lazy you can become when nobody is dragging you out of bed asking for breakfast!

*I can see a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to the craziness of Sacrament meeting! As I glanced down the bench on Sunday, with only my 4 big kids on it, it was amazing to think that in 6 short years THIS would be how church would be every week! No trying to jump off the bench, no bathroom trips or drinks needed! Just sitting and listening! Wow! I can't even imagine such a thing, but I know it is coming because I got a glimpse of it!!

* I really miss being the mom of little ones! Yes! They can be annoying and aggravating and crazy at times, but I love the craziness that is my life! My life is not the same without all of them here!

*Boy can my house get clean without anybody messing it up all week! Since the big kids really don't need me, I put on my I-Pod and cleaned my little heart out this week! I cleaned Kamren and Daxtons rooms of any broken/Junkie toys! I cleaned the toy room under the stairs, to the point where there are almost no toys at all under there! I finished the girls room, finally!!! And today, the rest of my house got a good cleaning!!! So maybe I am not ready for them to be gone for a week again any time soon, but a few hours here and there would be nice!


Well, tomorrow life is back to normal! I am meeting my mom half way in Fillmore! I am so glad they have had so much fun at grandmas, but I am ready for my little ones to come home!!!

7 comments:

Ora said...

AMEN to all of that! Glad you wrote it down, it made me smile.

Angie Stewart Black said...

How nice that your mom took on the little ones. Well, I guess they're not that "little". It's always nice to be able to miss them once in awhile. Does your mom want to take my little ones now so I can dejunk their rooms. Go ahead and give her my number and then maybe I can go with you to meet her in Fillmore for the exchange!!

raw mom said...

word! i couldnt imagine...but i too will be there ONE day!! finished? i cant wiat to see it!!! it was already so so so dang cute!

i guess thats why we are told to cherish the little years...because they are gone WAY too fast!

xo

Dion Seneca said...

I can't imagine life without my little ones, they bring so many smiles to my face...just like Daxton and Kamren. I'm glad they had fun, but we definitely missed them, too. And there was one person who cared that you didn't wake up until 9:00am...ME!! Everytime I needed or wanted something I had to remind myself that you were still sleeping. Maybe I should be your fill-in child when you are missing a few. lol!

The McCulloughs said...

WOW! After 9 am? and they were dressed and fed? Seriously? This sounds like the week I need right now! But then again, like you, I would miss them being little so I will try to not wish their life away! Maddie's voice is so cute right now and I will be sad when she starts to sound grown up! Glad you got so much cleaning and relaxing done!

Heather and Trevor said...

Emma just went to grammy 2 weeks ago and it was so strange! I love your outlook on the whole thing though. I kinda wish I was closer to that sometimes! Glad you had a nice week!

Tracey said...

Wow! It must be different to have girls that get up, get dressed and feed themselves. I think my boys would spend the whole day in their pj's playing x-box and starving (actually they would eat if we had donuts and junk food to snack on!). It is kind of different to think about them growing up isn't it? Nice in some ways and sad in others. Marcie just took my boys this week for football camp and things were a little different around here with only 2 kids. It's nice to have them home sleeping in their own beds and driving me crazy again! Wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing your kids for a day (Caitlin had a lot of fun playing). Wish you were closer. :)