Monday, April 14, 2008

My Grown up, 7 year old!!





I can't believe Kenzie is really 7! I am almost crying just thinking about it! 7 years ago, we were blessed with the most amazing little girl in the world, on this very day!!! She was born on April 11th, but her Birth Mom wanted a few days with her before giving us the most beautiful little gift with the cutest little button nose I had ever seen! We actually had driven up to Salt lake a couple of days before, and then got the news that she was going to keep her for an extra day or two! I was TERRIFIED! I prayed harder than I had in a long time, that our little girl would spend the entire time she had with her Birth Mom, screaming! Selfish, I know, but I didn't want there to be any risk of her changing her mind. Well, she didn't scream the whole time, she was a perfect angel! I am so in awe of that amazing teenager that could give us such a beautiful little girl, knowing that she didn't have what it would take to raise her. Kenzie, when you get older, I hope you know how much and how long we prayed for the day when we would hold you in our arms, and be a family for eternity! I am so fortunate to be your mother, and so amazed by your spirit and spunky personality! You complete our family and we cannot imagine our home without you in it!


Here are some pictures from her birthday party on Friday! I am not sure what I was thinking when I handed out invitations to her entire class, but she loved it and had a great time! You know it was good, when your daughter asks if she can have another party just like that one tomorrow! The answer, of course, was NO!, but you can't blame a girl for asking!


My favorite things about Kenzie:


She can entertain herself like no other person I have ever know! She has the greatest imagination, and I think she would probably prefer playing alone because she likes to control the conversation between her Polly's and Barbies!


She is one of the kindest hearted little kids I know. She came home from school last week, telling me that one of her friends told her to tell another one of her friends that they only wanted to play with 3 people, so she couldn't play. Kenzie said she told that friend, that that would be rude and she didn't want to leave anybody out! I was so proud!


She is becoming an excellent reader! She loves Junie B. books, and I really enjoy snuggling in bed with her at night reading her a chapter or two and having her ask,"Can't we read just one more?"


She loves chocolate! I really think her eyes are getting browner from all of the chocolate she consumes! It does not matter what time it is, the girl will opt for chocolate over anything else, at any time!


Happy Birthday, sweetie! We love you!


4 comments:

Dion Seneca said...

You almost had me crying, too! Happy birthday, Kenzie. I'm glad everybody survived the party!

Veronica said...

Happy Birthday Kenzie! What a sweetheart! She has always been good at making sure everyone is included...even the littler ones like Alexia!

Did you really have a pool party with that many kids!? Your nuts!

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

Ricki,
Thank you so much for your sweet comment. It really is nice to know that I'm not going through this alone. Your kids are so cute and you are just so beautiful! By the way, I love the pictures that Dion took of your little guy.

Joel and Kristie said...

Happppy Birthday Kenzieee!!!