This is us at Divinci's BEFORE Daxton starts terrorizing the place!
My brother, Dustin and his wife, Faith.
This is the first night we got there down by the beach.
Daxton was in love with all of his ALL-INCLUSIVE drinks! We all had the Non Alchoholic type, but they were still good!
Tony thinking he was Kenney Chezney! I hid this hat HIGH in the closet the second we got back home!
Playing in the "Sand Showers" was Daxton's hang out!
This is the view from our hotel room.
My mom, and Scott, and I at Tulum.
This is the closest Scott got to a Hooter's girl or their boobs!

I absolutely love this picture! They had such a great time together playing in the ocean.

Look at these two hot 20 somethings!

Grandma and Daxton.

All of us when we returned safe and sound back to good old Salt Lake City!
I know I have been back for a couple of weeks, but first I thought I lost my camera with all of our trip pictures on it, and then I thought it was stolen from our house, and then Kaylee(thanks, Kaylee) found my camera in a random bag in the back of my car! I was so relieved that (A) I didn't lose all of the pictures from our vacation, and (B) that nobody had been in my house like I thought they had, and stolen my camera! I was freaking out, big time, there for a couple of days! On to the vacation!
My little man, was a complete angel on the plane ride to Cancun! He slept for a couple of hours, played with his dinosaurs, and watched Baby Einstein a couple of times! I think he was actually out of his car seat for a total of about 20 minutes the entire 4 1/2 hour flight! We were very shocked and happy about the flight! We got to Cancun and it was very humid. We are talking 90% humidity! I had forgotten how humid it really is. I spent the entire time with very curly hair, there was no point in even trying to straighten my hair, it was out of control!
Tony and Daxton loved the beach. They would get up early in the morning, eat breakfast, and head straight to the beach. Me, on the other hand, I was content watching from a lounge chair or hanging out up by the pool where there wasn't sand all over the place! Tony is still giving me grief that the only water that I ever got fully submerged in, is the shower! So I am not a ocean person, big deal!
Tony spent a day snorkeling at a little island off of Cancun, while Daxton and I and some of my family went shopping in some of the shops. I love bartering with the shop owners there, it is really fun to me. My mom and Tony, on the other hand thought I was crazy. Hey! A dollar is a dollar! And I think that they set there prices expecting you to barter with them.
We also got to go to a nice restaurant, Davinci's, our last night there. THIS is when my son decided to start his "24 hours of terror"!! Everybody had to dress up, and you could only take babies until 6:30 PM because they didn't want babies disturbing peoples fancy dinner! Well, thank goodness for that rule, because Daxton was not pleasant! He was chucking food, banging his spoon on the high chair repeatedly, and being REALLY whiny. We finally took him out of there and put him to bed. The next day was our travel home day. Our flight was leaving at I think 3:30 Cancun time. So we get in the van to go to the airport, and Daxton falls asleep. The entire time we are waiting in line to get our tickets and go through customs, he sleeps! He wakes up about 25 minutes before we are supposed to get on the plane, and he is in rare form. He spends his time clear up until we are to get on the plane running up and down the terminal! We thought that might wear him out a little, but it only fueled his fire! We get to the gate to check in, and they inform us that the seat that was in between us, was now taken by somebody else, so he was really going to have to sit on our laps! I panicked! I knew both flights would not be smooth, but really, he was going to have to sit on our laps! It went exactly like I would have thought it would! He spend 3 1/2 hours of the flight walking all over us, trying to climb on the seat in front and behind us, trying to reach the overhead light and fan! Boy was it fun! Thank goodness it was my family that he was bugging, because I would have felt very bad if he was disturbing other people! He fell asleep about 40 minutes before the plane landed!
All in all, we had a great vacation, and I was very glad to have Daxton with us. We didn't seem to get as home sick for the kids this trip thanks to having him with us! Thank you Mom and Scott for making this trip a reality! It was so fun to spend the week with my family we had an amazing time!


4 comments:
I don't think the humidity was a bad thing...your hair looks so beautiful! I love that top picture...I am so jealous, what a fun trip...your pictures on the beach are so priceless. I am so glad you are back to blogging...I missed your posts.
julie
Okay, so it felt like FOREVER before you finally posted about your trip. And then it took me FOREVER to comment about it! It looks like a blast! Your pictures are great. And I am so glad that you stuck that cowboy hat way up high in the closet...LOL! Good to have you back!
What a DREAM Vacation!!! I'm soooo glad you all had such a wonderful time, you Deserve it Super MOM!!!
I am so glad that you had fun! YOur view looks awesome and I am wishing that I was ther right now! I am soooo glad that you found your camera! Love, Love the pic of daxton and Tony- so cute! Tony does kinda look like kenny Chesney in that picture. Nothing like a good old cowboy hat. I wish I could hide my husbands cowboy boots! He always seems to find them! Glad your back and safe. Your little karlin was an angel for me!
Post a Comment