I really need to take a few minutes and share my experiences of this past weekend before I forget them or move onto the normal everyday dishes, laundry, kids!!!! Time out for women was amazing this year, as always! I was very impressed and inspired by the speakers and the music. Hilary Weeks brings a spirit to these events that makes you feel like you can do anything! I love that she is so down to earth! She has this song that is to the tune of "My favorite things", that is hilarious! It says nap time and bed time in it about 8 times, and I love that she takes everyday mundane things and makes jokes out of them. Her music makes me feel my Savior love in a very real way.She really makes me feel like what I do everyday IS important and that the Savior does knows about my struggles and fears. I could listen to her live everyday.
I also loved Amanda Dixon! She was so funny and witty and crazy, at times! I loved that she talked a lot about how our best IS good enough! And that if we are doing everything we can, we ARE doing enough! All He expects from us is our best! I was very inspired to try harder to just do what I can, and not try and do everything perfectly. I seem to always say "yes" to everything, and try and figure out a way to fit it all in, AFTER I have already said "Yes". In the mean time, I am really cheating my kids, my husband, and myself of my sanity! I can't do everything, and I really need to stop trying!
There was a song that Hilary sang off of her new CD, called "If I only had today", that really hit home to me. I wish I could put it on my blog, but of course, it is not on Project Playlist yet, so I can't! It has a great message in it, and talks alot about what she would do if she really only had today with her kids. Would she spend her time doing dishes or talking on the phone? Probably not! I think a lot about this, because I wonder what I would have done differently had I known when Rylan's last day was going to be. I always wonder would I have stayed up all night holding her, and telling her how much I loved her, and how much she has changed our lives? Yes, I would have! I know I can't get that last day back with her, but I can make all of the days I have with the rest of my children matter more. I CAN spend more time holding them, and reading to them, and loving them. They are right here, and I need to be better about making sure they know how much I want to spend all my time being a better mom to them.
I am so grateful that I have a husband who was willing to spend 2 days taking care of all of the kids by himself, so that I could go! For those of you, that have never been, GO!!!! It is so worth your time and your money! They also told us that they are coming to St. George next year in November! I am very excited to not have to travel to go next year, but it kind of takes all of the fun out of the shopping after the seminar! They are also coming to Ogden next year.
I want to tell my mom and sister, thank you for making the trip down here to go with me. I am so lucky that they are two of my best friends. They are so great and we had a great time!
This is us at the hotel! We actually look more awake than I was feeling! We got up before 6 AM two days in a row for the seminars! I am definitely not used to that!
Us with Hilary Weeks. My mom and sister thought I was crazy to want to stand in line and meet her, but I was so happy we did. She is amazing and she was so generous with her time. She genuinely was interested in every person I saw her come in contact with. Maybe she was fishing for song ideas or something, but I was greatly impressed with her.
This is us with Amanda Dixon. She even was a goof ball in this picture. The lady is just funny and quirky. I would love to spend a day with her just to see if she can keep this act up for a whole day, or if, even SHE gets irritated and down sometimes. I am sure she does.
I grew up in a town called Paradise, California. My father owned and
operated a local town Pharmacy as long as I can remember, it was before the
days wh...
10 years ago

12 comments:
That is so wonderful that you are so close to your mom and sister. Looks like you had so much fun. You actually trusted her husband for two days straight alone with your children? Where is the Ricki I used to know??
I'm so glad that you had a great time and learned a ton! Every MOM need things like that to remind her that she is a Strong and Beautiful Daughter of God...cuz sometimes wiping noses, cleaning up after meals, and doing laundry has a way of making us forget!
What a great post. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I also love Hilary Weeks. That's a great reminder to cherish our moments with our children. I'm glad you had a good time!
Good golly you are quick! I just barely had a chance to sit down after putting my life back in order (a bit) from the weekend. I was very impressed with the conference this year. There was just enough inspiration, Spirit, and humor to make it a fabulous day!
Ricki, how fun and incredibly uplifting for you. I remember you going before and thinking one of these days i am doing that. How fun for you to go with your mom and sister. What fun memories!
Thanks for blogging about all of the specifics, now I can look back at your blog and be reminded of how awesome it was and the certain things that I need to remember. I just loved Hilary's little diddies!! Bed time and nap time are still a few of my fav things!! It was fun to see you at the conference, but we missed you the rest of the time. I think we need another time out, even if it is just for a Saturday!
Hey! I am glad that you found me! I am sad that I didn't get to go to Time Out. I will definatly look for it next year!
You better take me with you next year!!!
Sounds like a great time! :) Maybe you can come up here to go next year. I would love to go with you! Thanks for making me cry! It's nice to know that what we do is important. Sometimes it just feels frustrating! (Jason is hunting so I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now!) One of my favorite songs is Who You Are by Hillary Weeks. We use it when we teach Enrichments. Anyway, I miss you. Give me a call next time you are here.
So many of my friends have done this. I need to get on the bandwagon. I would NEVER have recognized Stacey with the red hair. You look darling.
Well, it took me a few weeks to figure out how to remember my "blogger name". I'm a little slow in the computer dept. I too was inspired by Hiliary Weeks. She is amazing! I had the best time going to Time Out for Women.
I have 2 of the most amazing and special friends that I am proud to call my daughters. They inspire me,push me,and most of all love me. Iam very grateful that we are so close that we do fun things together. Thanks to them for including me.
love Mom
You are so inspiring Ricki. I always love reading the things you say on your blog. I have never heard of time out for women. I need to go sometime. Stacie and your mom look great in the pics and you look gorgeous. Thanks for your friendship.
Post a Comment