Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Small and simple moments

Today started off just like any other day-too many things to clean, too many errands to run, too many...too many....-you get the point! But when I dropped the girls off at the park today for their Preschool activity, Daxton was flaming mad that I was not getting him out of the car! Can't hardly blame the kid! So I promised him that if he would let me run to 3 more places that I would take him to the water park. Every place we went into, he would come out asking "Babo?"(Water). I would tell him in a minute, and he would be good through the next place. Finally after about an hour, I was done with my errands, and he got his wish! He was so excited when we pulled up to the splash pad. I really wasn't prepared, the only thing we DID have was sunscreen. Other than that, I just took off his shirt and he could air dry! Boys are nice that way, you really can just do things on a whim and they really don't require a lot of extras!

I am so glad I had this little moment with just him. I had no other kids to distract me, no other "Mommy's" or grown ups to talk to, so we just played. He got on one gun, I on the other. He laughed hysterically at trying to spray me with his water gun, and then he would get wet and climb up on my lap and wrap my arms around me so that I would be his "human towel". And I really didn't mind! It won't be long before he too, will not think I am his whole world! He too is going to figure out about friends, and girls, and all the other things that kids think they need to have way to young!

I hope when he grows up he will remember the little moments, like playing at the park, that gave him so much joy! And if he doesn't remember, hopefully I will so that I can tell him about it!

4 comments:

Angie Stewart Black said...

oh how fun for you and Daxton to have some one on one mommy time. i don't know how you make it look so easy but you somehow pull it off! They grow so fast and since he is your last one....your probably already cherishing every thing he does!

It was fun the other night. Thanks for the invite! We need to do it again sometime! I still don't know why you think girls night out at Walmart isn't fun????

Julie Winder said...

You are such a good mom, Ricki! What a lucky little boy. How would it be? You have always been so good to balance fun into the day with your kids.

Kendra said...

K that was really sweet, I think it is so good to have that one on one time with each kid. Your such a good mommy!!!!

The McCulloughs said...

You are such a good mom! It hard sometimes to just throw caution into the wind and let your kids do what they want and not HAVE to do anything important!