I didn't really think that Daxton would be the next child who would need a visit from the Tooth Fairy...I aways just assumed it would be Kamren. But when he started complaining about a tooth hurting a few weeks ago, and then the dentist said it needed to come out, things changed! His trip to the dentist is right up there in the "things you don't want to watch your children go through" department. He was so brave. I was not! He let them give him the medicine to make him drowsy and continued to play a video game while the waited for it to take affect. About 15 minutes later, he threw some of it up. The dentist just thought maybe it didn't agree with his little tummy since he hadn't had anything to eat or drink since the night before. A while later, they took him back got him comfortable and started the nitrous. He again started throwing up, only this time is really freaked me out because he was kind of out of it and his stomach just keeping heaving and his little heart rate was all over the place. I needed the nitrous by this point! He seemed to be ok though, so he just started working on him. He did relatively well and I was so grateful that the dentist was so kind and calm with him and with me. I am also glad that I was able to sit with him and not have to wait in the waiting room through all of this. Unfortunately, he only got half of his mouth done and we have to go back again next month, but after that I am really hoping his cavity days will be over. We have always been good about brushing and fluoride, but apparently that isn't enough for a couple of my kids. So now flossing and using the water pick have become part of our nightly routine right before prayers. I don't think I can handle having to do this on a regular basis! My mommy anxiety cannot handle it! Good thing he is brave, though!


0 comments:
Post a Comment