Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Moving On


I never really thought about moving out of Coral Canyon. To be honest, I really never thought we would ever leave there! Why would we?!!! We loved the ward, the school, or neighbors and pretty much everything about our comfortable life we had going for ourselves. I guess that must be some of the reason it was time to move on. It has been more difficult on me, or I should say, I am still holding on more than the rest of the family!


We went back to our old ward for a baby blessing, this last Sunday, and it was just different. It was difficult to have to sit and watch somebody else conduct, and sit in my chair up front. It was difficult to look around Sacrament meeting and see faces I didn't recognize and not go and try and find out if they were new to the ward. It was difficult to be called a visitor and realize that after I left that room, I would not just drive around the corner home. I can't say that going to visit will be one of the things I will do much of. It is just too hard to go back knowing that my reality is not in Coral Canyon anymore.

I know I will move on, I have no choice. But it doesn't make it any easier. Our kids are adjusting just fine. They are thrilled that around every corner there is a friend to play with! When we visit the Coral Canyon ward, this last week, they all chose to go back to our Washington Field ward with Tony for Primary. I stayed! Tony got called into Young Men's the 2nd week we were in the ward. He was on cloud nine! He has been trying to get back there for the past two years! I never have been good at moving-my family moved when I was 7 and still live in the house I grew up in, so moving just isn't my thing. Tony and I have only lived in 4 other places, including apartments, our whole marriage. I think I prefer it that way. We plan on making only one more move after this, and them making it permanent. But as I have recently learned, sometimes what we have planned isn't what He has planned. So I guess we will see!

For now I am adjusting, slowly! I am so glad for the friendships I do still have from the old hood, it makes me feel like I still have a place there, even if I really don't have a home there anymore. Somebody made a comment to Tony the other day that they think I am more attached to Coral Canyon Elementary than my kids are, and I think they are right! I am not cutting my ties, completely, anytime soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can completely relate!! We weren't in our house as long as you guys were in CC but close enough- and it is amazing to see how quickly my kids have adjusted and how I am still hanging on. I still consider my old neighbors and all of you from our old ward(s) some of my closest friends here... really it's all I have outside of these four walls of our home. When you got something good there is no need to get rid of it even if you move on... :)

Ora said...

Moving can be hard. I'm glad your kids are doing well. Hang in there Ricki.

Angie Stewart Black said...

I can't imagine how difficult it would be to leave everything that means everything in your life. I'm sorry. It sounds like the emotions that I would be going thru as well. And then you have bad friends that don't come around and play with you cause for some reason....life gets busy. I promise to do better. Call me when you run. I'm serious that I will go.

raw mom said...

good! dont cut you ties! you might not live here for this moment but like you always say...you are only 10 mins away!!!