After Sunday Conference, we started an "Attitude for Gratitude" journal to keep a list of all the things we are grateful for. Every morning, after scriptures, we go around the table and ask what everybody is grateful for and write it down. I am amazed how in my own life, it has made me more aware of all of the amazing things I am personally blessed with.
So today, when I have nowhere to be, no pictures of "seasoned" citizens to take at the Senior Games, and nothing really pressing to do in my life, I am just grateful!!! Grateful to be able to clean my house, and stay in my pajamas with my hair in a ponytail, wondering how in the world my mom worked full time and kept us feed and our home not looking like a bomb dropped!
Grateful for all of the fall decorations surrounding me in my home, and the smell of Cinnamon Bear Scentsy surrounding me
Grateful to have a moment to use all of the ripe bananas to make banana bread muffins for my girlies for when they get home from school-chocolate chip ones for Kenzie, and regular for the rest of the kids.
Grateful to hear all about trains from my little man, and for the chance to turn an empty Ziploc bag box into a tunnel for his train, and get to watch his eyes light up as his train goes through it.
Just Grateful!

5 comments:
Isn't it so amazing how your attitude can change completely when you are focusing on all the wonderful things in your life?! There have been several times in my life when I have kept a gratitude journal of sorts. Those times have been some of the happiest times in my life, despite what challenges I may have been going through.
Ricki..I love this post. I am so GRATEFUL to have you as a long time friend. You AMAZE me in so many ways. I totally agree, I love being home best. Thanks for putting it all in perspective..but hey I thought you would want to know your tennis pics were chosen for the tennis display at the booth at Dixie Center. They look fabulous!!
It must be a week of feeling this way, I just wrote about this on my other blog! Life is great isn't it!
What a great idea...I need to do that! We really do have so much to be greatful for! Your kids should be greatful for you since you are an amazing mom! But I am also greatful that I am able to stay home and raise my kids and not have to work..it truly is so nice! Can't wait to see you next week!
P.S. I am also loving my pumpkin candle and Fall decorations!! Sooo fun! It getting beautiful in my back yard too with all the leaves turning colors (one of the perks to living in Logan right now!)
I'm GRATEFUL that you showed me how to make a tunnel for bridger's trains..he will love me for this!!! And also Grateful your my friend! Your always inspiring me!!! Now come visit and make me run!
Post a Comment