Daxton seems to think he needs to do big kid things lately, and it has really got me thinking about him not being such a little guy anymore! He came to me Sunday, so proud that he had done one of the buttons up on his church shirt. I told him it must be because he had just turned 4 1/2. He thought that was pretty cool and continued to button the rest of his shirt up until he had done all of them. He was so proud that he went to church and told a friend of our all about it.


Today, we had a conversation in the car that continued the "growing up" theme. He asked me how many more days he had until he was a grown up? I told him he had 13 1/2 years, and he looked at me stunned and shouted," 13 and a half years?!!!!", " That's a long time!" It does seem like a long time, until you have teenagers who you remember vividly being toddlers and now they are on missions or working all the time.
He also came to me today with his homework and showed me that he could write his name all by himself. When did all these little "grown up" things happen to my little man?!!! I have moments when I am ready for him to be a little older, when I am ready for him to not follow me around everywhere I go, or need my constant attention. But moments like these last couple days make me remember that I am not ready for him to grow up! I thought I wanted to put him in preschool on Tuesday and Thursday too. Thinking how great it would be to not have to pull him along with me to the school every time I have to do something for the girls or the PTA, but I need to live in the moment and just enjoy him before he too, grows up on me! He is such a sweet, loving little boy and I am so grateful that he isn't actually going to be big for several more years! I have a lot more snuggling to do with this cute little man!
He still is a giant tease, though! Just like his dad!





1 comments:
awww. he IS getting big! he's almost FIVE!!!!! aHHH! when DID that hap[pen? i LOVE ready your posts and dions posts about loving your baby like a baby as long as you want...it helps me with my teeny tornado :)
Post a Comment