Today is a big day for all of us, especially for you! You are getting to be such a big boy! You weighed 27 1/2 pounds today, and are 3 feet 1 inches tall!!! You woke up soooo excited today, and knew instantly, that it was your Birthday. The grin on your face was contagious! Watching you run from room to room wanting everybody to tell you happy birthday made me so happy!
I can't help but reflect a little on that crazy morning, 3 years ago, when you made a quick and unexpected entrance into this world. I knew from the moment I saw you that you were not going to be from the same mold as your sisters. You have done EVERYTHING in your own way and on in your own time! No matter how I try and steer you in your path in life, you always do things your way. I can not wait to see what you have in store! I know that you are going to be a strong leader who faces his fears head on, in the future. Though this is a scary thought for a mom to imagine, I am so excited to get to watch you grow into a young man. I feel a great sense of responsibility to guide you and direct you in a way that will lead you to keeping the commandments of your Heavenly Father.
I hope you will grow up knowing how much your dad and I love you. You have completed our family in a way that only you could. Your brother and sisters adore you and look out for you so much. I am so pleased by watching all of you interact and form loving bonds with each other. We all love your smile and zeal for life. I hope you will always attack life with such passion and force!!!
We are so proud to be your parents!!
Love,
Mom and Dad
Here are a few of your favorite things:
Construction equipment! You can't get enough! I am learning things I never imagined about front loaders, back hoes, and a variety of other things I never even thought I would need to know!!
Race cars! Never could I have imagined that you would want to watch race cars go around and around a track, but you are very captivated by it!!
Trains!!! I know this will make your Grandpa proud!!! You love your trains and putting the tracks together. I know that someday you and your grandpa will spend hours together because you are bound to be as passionate about them as he is!
Books!! I love that you like to have me read to you. I also love when you are not tired and so I hand you a book and you stay in your bed looking through your favorite books.
Nutella! I am going to have to buy stock soon in the company with as much as you and Kenzie eat of this stuff! I laugh on a daily basis when I find you at the table with your bread, Nutella and Peanut butter. And I am completely in love with the way you say "tella"!!
Your sisters!! You ask me just about every day where your sisters are when they are at school! In fact, the first day of school you cried almost the whole time Kamren was at Kindergarten because you felt so lost without them around all the time. I love to hear you say,"Hey, do you want to come and play in my room?" to them. It makes me smile that you love them so much, and that they love you just as much!
Golf!!! Your dad is so proud that you are in love with his sport!! Hearing you ask your dad if he will take you golfing makes your dad so proud! I can't wait for the day when the two of you head off together for a great day of golf and you get to do more than just ride in the cart!

5 comments:
Happy Birthday Daxton! I can't believe you're already 3! What a big boy! Emma sure had a great time with you yesterday. Thanks for being such a great friend to her!
I saw this recipe and thought of you. It is for Nutella Pancakes.
http://justjennrecipes.com/nutella-pancakes/2010/02/10/
Wow! I can't believe he is already 3! Time goes by way too fast! I agree that Daxton has the best smile ever!! He has such an excitement and zest for life! I wish I could wake up every day with half of his enthusiasm! Happy birthday, Daxton!!
I can't believe how fast time flies by us. Is he really 3 years old already? Wow, you're little baby boy is growin so fast. He is so cute. Sometimes I wished I had more one on one time with Kasen. He is st such a fun age and I feel like I miss out on some of it. Happy BDay Daxton. You're a lucky little boy to have such wondeful parents like you have!
Can't believe that our babies are 3! It was so much fun having babies so close together! Just glad we didn't have to go through the pain and just celebrate their birthdays! Reading about him reminds me so much of Tag at his age! He is a true boy and aren't they soo much fun! (well minus potty training them!)
Post a Comment