Monday, May 10, 2010

Kenzie Lou lou, I Love you-lou!!!


Kenzie had a birthday a month ago, but we were in Anaheim over her birthday so her birthday post got forgotten! Oooops!!! She came home from school the other day looking like this, and it reminded me how much I love her little free spirit!!! She has been free spirited as early as I can remember! From her days of playing in her closet in her room all by herself as a nine month old, to her climbing, at 2, to the top of our panty in the middle of the night to get to the chocolate pudding; I always knew that she would be very independent, and very much her own person!! Her personality really hasn't changed much!! She is very easy going, doesn't really seem to be bothered by much in life. She is always willing to play with her siblings, and usually is the ring leader in whatever new game, play, art project or other adventure they are involved in! I am so impressed by her ability to not let others sway her or her opinion. I really hope that this is something that sticks, as we all hope our kids will stick with their values as they become teenagers! :)


I have had so many little reminders from my Heavenly Father over this last year of how special this little girl really is, and that she was sent to our home for a reason. So many times I have looked at her and just for a moment, wondered where she would be if her Birth Mom had made a different choice. I am so grateful to her Birth Mom, for her choice and for the amazing gift that she blessed our home with! I KNOW that our Heavenly Father had a plan for us and Kenzie, and that all that waiting for a child was specifically so that Kenzie would be brought into our home. She is a very important part of our family, and our family would not be complete without her!

Happy birthday, Love Bug!!!

Some of her favorite things @ 9:

1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid and The Lightening Thief Series are her favorite books!
2 She loves Chocolate chip pancakes and Mini Wheats for breakfast
3 Her favorite color is brown, because it is the color of her eyes and the color of chocolate! That is something new I just learned!!!
4 Her favorite part of school is Math. That's a new one to me too!! Maybe we should play this game more often!!
5 Her favorite dinner is Chicken Rollups! She can even make them by herself!!
6 Her favorite thing to do when she has free time is to draw and color.
7 Her favorite sport is baseball, but she is an excellent swimmer!
8 Her favorite thing to do when she is outside is to play and explore on the swingset
9 Her favorite movies are Alice in Wonderland and The Lightening Thief.

Funny, funny girl!!

4 comments:

raw mom said...

i LOVE that kenzie lou!!!i LOVE her free spirit! and i LOVE her personality! i would seriously raise that kid for ya...if someone doesnt already have dibs! happy birthday lovey! xoxox

Julie Winder said...

Awww, look at that twinkle in her eyes. That girl has got good things waiting for her. I love free spirited children:) It is true how you know your children from the very beginning and they keep those same sweet qualities, they just mature and fine tune them. Kenzie is a doll. I am so glad Gretchie has her for a friend!!!!

Sarah said...

I love Kenzie!! She makes me so happy. She is her own gal and has the most tender heart I have ever seen.

Dion Seneca said...

Yep, I love this girl! She is quirky and fun; independent and outgoing; confident and loving. I love it when kids can be themselves, as unique as they may be, without worrying about what anybody else may think of it. I think that is one of the most attractive character traits a person can have...and Kenzie's got it!