Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day 2010

I feel so blessed today to be the mom to such amazing kids!!! My day started off early!!! Kenzie just couldn't wait to make breakfast for me! The first time I looked at my clock it was 6:11 AM, and there was my little Kenzie trying to wake her dad up enough to help her make breakfast without waking me! Too bad for her, I sleep with me eyes open, so I see it all!!! I told her to go back to bed, but I know she didn't, I could hear her in the kitchen deciding to make her own Mothers Day breakfast! A little while later, here she came again with her breakfast she was so proud she made all by herself! It consisted of 2 pieces of toast (without butter, she couldn't find it :), 3 strawberries, and juice with a little umbrella that somebody had given her at school! How cute is she that she saved it to put in my drink!!!


I was pretty much up after that!!! Next, was the showering of cards and "Mommy Coupons", my favorites being the "Slave for two hours coupon", from Kenzie, and the "Babysit Daxton for two hours coupon", from Karlin. Finally was the great present my dear husband gave to me!!! He had drawn me bubble bath, lit candles around it, bought me a loofah sponge, and a good smelling cinnamon candle, and placed my I-pod by the side of the tub and then he locked the door and said see you in a couple hours!!! How sweet is that?!!!! He even left me a card by the bath that said, Take the day off with pay, you deserve it"!!! I took full advantage of this!!! Shaved my legs, enjoyed my bath, tweezed my eyebrows, painted my fingernails (clear, of course), but I never even paint or file my fingernails!!! :) After a while, in the quiet of me, my I-pod, and my thoughts, I got a little bored, realizing that I missed the hub bub of my hectic family!!!! I realized that I really love having them surround me!!! Though it is nice to have a break every once in a while, it is so nice to have them need me!!!

I am so proud of the people that they are becoming!!! The compassion that they have for each other, the ability they have to do most things by themselves, and the satisfaction I get in watching them succeed, is amazing!!! I look at them and KNOW that they are going places and that their Heavenly Father loves them and cares for them just as much as I do!! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world today, and every day!!!

Happy Mothers Day everybody!! Oh, and thanks Dion, for the amazing pictures!!! I will cherish them always!!!

5 comments:

Dion Seneca said...

Tony has been really good in the present department lately!! I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day.

Angie Stewart Black said...

How lucky are you? Breakfast in bed? Bath? Painted your toenails? Well you deserve it. You are a wonderful mother and such a good example to all those around you. You make it look so easy and flawless. Good Job. Glad you had a great day!

Julie Winder said...

Ricki!!! YOU deserve every minute of being spoiled. I am so glad you had such a wonderful MOTHERS DAY. That picture is SWEET. Don't have to wonder where those DARLING kids get their beautiful smiles and eyes!!! I love it. Dion caught such a cute spontaneous moment.

Sarah said...

That sounds like a perfect mother's day!

Goodrich said...

LOVE THE PHOTO!!!