Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Elder Chambers

Troy is finally at the MTC, yeah!!!! It was such an amazing experience to be able to drop him off and know that they Lord has called him to serve a mission at this time. We have seen so much progression from him in the last few months. He has truly made huge strides towards becoming a man. We are so proud of him.

Originally, Tony had made the decision to not go to Provo to see him go into the MTC. Stupidly, I believed him! So on Sunday, after watching the show on the MTC that followed the Sunday morning session, he informed me that he couldn't miss seeing him off! We had to scramble a bit, and ended up leaving Karlin with friends, since she had made a commitment to sing at the district choir concert. It was well worth the shuffling! I was go glad we got to spend a couple extra hours with him, and feel the amazing Spirit that comes with the MTC. We both felt at peace as we drove away, and know this is where Troy is supposed to be!
Tony did relatively well considering he just let his oldest child move away for a couple years! Yes, he cried. But no, I did not have to drag him back to the car!
Troy- right before we left for the MTC!

All his cousins and siblings that were there for the send off!

Troy and all his parents! Isn't he so lucky to have so many! :)
I had this idea of the last picture I wanted of him in my head and I think I got it! Just as he was walking away, I yelled his name. He turned, and I yelled, "I love you"! That is where the smirk comes from!

What a surreal moment to have your child walk away from you, knowing you won't see him for two whole years, but also knowing that he will come back a Spiritual Giant! I can't wait for the letters to start coming!

3 comments:

Dion said...

I have tears in my eyes! I can't imagine the day when I have to be the parent that lets my child go. It must be so bitter-sweet. Troy is a great kid (can I even call him that anymore?), and I can't wait to see how a mission makes him even better! Good luck, Troy!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!! We had an FHE lesson last night on missionaries and Adam used Troy as an example-- he is already inspiring people!! :)

raw mom said...

i am crying! (are you surprised?!) first of all, i LOVE that the last thing he heard from you is that youlove him. and second, i cant imagine not seeing my child for 2 years! i have SUCH a hard time not seeing them for 2 days! so to think you had to watch him walk away PRAYING that you have taught him all you could to be prepared for LIFE! to go somewhere without you guys helping him...makes me tear up! it must be SUCH a comfort to know that Heavenly Father IS with him, watching him and guiding him. is that what it is going to be like when our girls graduate and leave us?! NO! i didnt sign up for the leaving part did i? ! :)