Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Chocolate Diet

This girl is one of a kind and always seems to amaze me! A while ago, as I watched her double fisting 2 chocolate lava cakes, I jokingly told her that I would buy her the Lego set, Deathstar, if she would give up chocolate for a year! I NEVER thought she would even consider it, let alone actually take the challenge on! I was wrong! So after our family camping trip, Tony and I left the kids at my moms while we went on Trek and Kenzie started her "chocolate diet" I believe the actually start date was July 12th....we will probably need to know that date when her year is actually up!

She has done so well! There have been a few tempting moments, but she has definetly found a way to compensate! Using carmel chips instead of chocolate, eating strawberry pancakes instead of chocolate chip, enjoying carmel syrup instead of chocolate syrup! She is figuring it out! She also is trying and liking a lot of new things that weren't even on her radar because she always went for chocolate.
At first, Tony thought I was crazy for even offering this to her. He even has tried to play the devils advocate on her a couples times. He is kind of changing his mind after seeing her be so strong as so dedicated to not eating chocolate! I have no doubt she will make it the whole year.
I think that this is a lesson that will help her more than just to give up chocolate. Chocolate is just the vehicle through which she is learning the real lesson here! Having self control and being able to control your appetites and cravings is an important lesson to learn. I wish I would have learned it as a child. Maybe then I wouldn't give into every treat that I want, hungry or not!
She says her eyes are turning a lighter shade of brown from the lack of chocolate! I am very proud of her for her commitment!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I felt bad when she came to my house for the science activity and I had lots of chocolate for the kids to eat. At least she got a Jolly Rancher. She has more willpower than I do.

Mindy and Marty said...

of course tony was playing the devils advocate! i still can't believe that girl...i can hardly go 2 days..let alone 365. should have had some childhood lessons as well. why don't you challenge me and tell my i'll have the body i've always wanted for my prize...uh? wonder if it'd stick...thinking not.