It was bound to happen! This boy has been cruisin' for stitches since shortly after he made his entrance into this world! He has done everything fast and without regard since his first moments. I am impressed that he made it to 4 and 1/2 before we had an event like this, but it still wasn't something I was really prepared for!
We went to a back to school BBQ, last night. I thought nothing of it, and let the kids take their scooter with them to the park. Apparently, splash pad + scooter = disaster!!! My bad! I am not even sure how or what happened, there have been several different stories come from several different kids! We were only there about 15 minutes, when I hear my girls come screaming with pure terror written all over their faces. Then I see Daxton walking towards me screaming with blood all over his face and body. Kind of scary, but we acted fast! Even Tony was a champ! I was impressed with him not fainting or even getting squeamish! We got to the bathroom, Teresa went and got her first aid kit, and after a few minutes, the bleeding had subsided. We put some bandages on him, and headed back out to the BBQ to figure out what to do with the boy with the 2 inch gash down his head. Somebody at the BBQ offered to take us to his office and stitch him up. At first it sounded like a good plan, but then Dax started saying he wanted to go to sleep and that freaked me out. I also forgot, in all the chaos, that we had purchased supplemental insurance a couple month ago, and decided that I would rather go to Instacare. Teresa offered to keep the girls, and we were off! But not before Daxton downed a hotdog, some cheese puffs, and some watermelon! This boys not going to let a head wound stop him from eating!

We got to Instacare and we were the only ones in the entire building! Weird, huh?!!! They got him right in, numbed his head with some gel, and stitched him right up! 7 stitches! They were shocked and amazed at how calm he was! He didn't make a single wimper or whine the whole time! I think I need some of that numbing cream around the house! He was such a champ!
His stitches come out on Saturday, then he will be good as new! With one additional scar!

4 comments:
i would be a screaming mess...in daxtons shoes and yours...i hate the sight of blood.! how sweet about the prayer thing...that means your doing many things right as a parent. be proud momma
I can't believe that boy made it so long without stitches! Stitches are a right of boyhood, I suppose. He looks pretty stinkin' cute even with 'em in.
Miss you all!!
What a brave guy!
That would scare me for sure...
what a NIGHT!! that was my fave thing too...seeing all our girls in a circle praying for him. we must have done something good ;) and dax is SO lucky to have all those mother hens looking after him! we love your brave little guy! xo
Post a Comment