
I came across an article in Family Fun magazine that I thought had a really good idea! I thought I would be able to add a link to the article, but it is not letting me. So I will just have to give you the gist of it!
Basically you make dollars for you kids and can put their dads face on them from this site. I then went to the copy store and copied them onto green copy paper, the whole thing cost me less than $3!
So the article says that you put 3 Daddy Dollars on the counter each morning and tell your kids that the dollars will disappear at 7:30 each morning, but if they have all of the morning jobs done before that, then the dollars are theirs! I am hoping this will get rid of the morning ritual we have at our house of me telling them thing by thing the stuff they need to do next!!!
When they have collected enough Daddy Dollars they can then use the money to buy things from the Mommy Mart!!! The author said they have a chart taped in their cupboard telling the things their dollars are good for. Some ideas were: extra TV time, having a friend over for a play date, ice cream, or anything else that might motivate your kids. She also has each kid be able to earn extra Daddy Dollars for doing chores above and beyond their normal morning chores, and also has a thing for reading that if they read a book or a chapter, depending on age, they could also earn dollars.
I am excited to try this! We are starting tomorrow, and I really hope that my morning nagging is on its way out the window!!!
I grew up in a town called Paradise, California. My father owned and
operated a local town Pharmacy as long as I can remember, it was before the
days wh...
10 years ago

5 comments:
Oh my goodness!! This sounds awesome! I might just copy the idea and give it a try myself. Maybe I can get myself organized enough to start tomorrow too. My only concern would be that if I tell them that they will disappear at 7:30am, then my kiddos will wake up at 5:30am to try and get their stuff done.
I need to start some type of chore thing with Tag.. it is time right? I am glad this is working for you! HOpe they keep it up! BTW, Tony looks great on that dollar!
I love that Idea!!! I put ti in my read in a year file in my brain...I think Bridger will catch onto that next year.
I miss running, miss st. george, miss warmth, miss having my own space.
That is awesome. I've got to start doing that. Jayden would probably think that was more fun than getting a quarter for every chore he does.
What cute ideas! I am glad you found our blog, we will definetly have to go to dinner sometime like you I always love an excuse to get out!!! Thank you so much for everything, seeing you makes me know that everything will be okay!
Post a Comment