Saturday, August 8, 2009

Kamren turned 5.....a month ago!!!!


In my defense, I can not download more than a couple of pictures at a time when Tony brings home is work lap top, and he hasn't done that in a while.

I can't believe my baby girl is 5! How did this happen! She is so grown up, and seems to grow up more every day! This whole last week she has done her chore list, got her self dressed, and come to my side of the bed with a pony tail holder in her hand, asking me to finish her pony tail before I am even out of bed! But, on to her birthday!

We had a surprise birthday party for her at Chuck E Cheese, on our way up to Ogden to go camping, the day before her birthday, and she had NO IDEA!! It was so fun! We totally tricked her!


This is her when she figured out what was going on!

She was not going anywhere near Chuck E Cheese without me holding her! I think it is soooo fun that she was afraid of him!






This is the present she has been asking us for all year, and thanks to her Grandma Teri and Aunt Stacy she finally got it!

She had an absolute blast there, I just wish it was a little cheaper! Apparently they don't take trade or Dixie Direct! ;) Having to pay for Birthday parties is ridiculous! I am not a fan!

5 things I love about my 5 year old!

*She is very self entertaining! I don't really need to worry about where she is or what she is doing most of the time, she is always playing or entertaining herself.

*She loves to learn! I am so impressed with how smart she is! But what mom doesn't think their kid is smart! She memorizes like no other kid I know! She is my first kid that is always wanting to know how to do something or what something means or says. I love it, maybe because she is my first child that actually lets me teach her a thing or two!

* She is OUR child through and through! Sometimes a good thing, sometimes a bad! She definitely puts her foot in her mouth a lot-just like her Mama!!! I don't know how many times I have had to apologize for things she says to people! Sometimes to kids, sometimes adults. I am working on teaching her to be a little kinder, but it is hard to tell somebody they can't say something to somebody when it is just how they feel!! We ARE working on it though!

*She is very independent! I love her independence, especially compared to how clingy Karlin is! She will snuggle, but doesn't need to be snuggled all the time.

*She is my little buddy! I am really going to miss her this year, when she goes to school! She and I have had a lot of fun the last couple of years together having some time alone. She has been a great little shopping buddy! Now I am just left with Daxton! Yikes! He isn't going to be a very fun shopping buddy! ;(

Happy Birthday, Kam Kam! We love you so much and are so glad that Heavenly Father trusted us with your amazing little spirit!



5 comments:

Jaime Miller said...

She is too grown up! Happy Birthday (belated) Kam!

Kendra said...

I love that Idea 5 things at 5. I am going to steal that and add on to Maddie's blog! You are such a good MOmmy. look at her hair in that picture and you do 3 of those every day. Maddie doesn't even want me to touch her hair. Happy Late birthday Kam!

Angie Stewart Black said...

She keeps on getting prettier and prettier as she gets older. She is so dang adorable!! So glad to hear you got rid of the binky. Yeah we need to work on that too. We've only had it at nap and bedtime so I'm already prepared for the tantrums to come out!!

Julie Winder said...

Kamren looks like a mini you Ricki. Such cute pictures. Her hair is so so long and gorgeous. I love that money idea. What a fabulous idea. I want to try it too. With school starting and all we could use some new ideas. Thanks for posting.

The McCulloughs said...

We just went to Chuch E Cheese when I was up there last time and had so much fun! How fun of you to surprise her! SHe is the cutest and her hair is just beautiful! Tag had fun with her today; he was just asking me if she could come over again! Hope she had a good one!