Thursday, November 8, 2007

Tagged, thanks Mandy!

This has been a little harder for me than I first anticipated, O.K. A Lot harder! Coming up with 7 things about myself that wouldn't make most of you want to call the guys with the white coats, was pretty hard. Some of these things STILL might make somebody want to call, but go ahead-I could use a vacation!

1. I am obsessed with my children having their hair look neat! It is sometimes a little unnerving that I am so obsessed! I do their hair in the morning, they come home and take naps, I do their hair again, we need to go somewhere at night, I do their hair again! I am sometimes fine with it not being perfect when we are home, but when we go out it HAS to be done. I have even found that I am far more patient with them when they look cute! What a bad mom I am! Even Daxton, the boy has already had more hair cuts than a 5 year old! Every 3 weeks I either take the kid in, or borrow some clippers and the kid is only 9 months!

2. I have always wanted to be on a talk show! Maybe Suzie Orman could help with my extreme spending habits on Oprah, or Dr. Phil could help with the never ending sleep problems at my house. Who knows, maybe someday!

3. My husband and I are POLAR opposites! Sometimes it actually scares me a little how different we are! Some examples: He cleans with water and by stuffing everything that is out in a drawer or closet-he is the ultimate surface cleaner! I, on the other hand, want to clean everything with bleach and like to have my closets mostly organized. Well, besides my clothes closet, it is a mess right now! He also loves to stay up late, and I am dead on the couch by 10. I think school and learning are important, even for myself, he thinks learing is for the birds-too time consuming!

4. I do not like my kids to be in my room! It took me a while to figure out why I would freak when I went in and somebody had thrown my pillows all around my bed, or put their little finger prints on my mirror, but I finally figured it out! It is because their little grimy hands and faces and bodies mess up the rest of my house daily and I just need one room that isn't marked with their slime!

5. I apparently LOVE to read! My friend and neighbor gave me the Twilight series to borrow, and I haven't put them down in a week. Instead of my normal, hurry, hurry, hurry with my kids. I have turned into the do whatever you want, mom. It has also been good for my anxiety to get a glimpse into somebody Else's world and kind of lose myself in it. So, if anybody knows a book I HAVE to read, let me know!

6. I have never really been a fan of my husband being gone on a overnight er, but since he had become the Young Men's President he goes about once a month with the scouts and I actually enjoy him being gone. I can do whatever I want- read at 5 in the morning, take a bath late at night or in the middle of the day. Maybe I just like being home alone. Nobody needs me, nobody messing it up-that must be it!

7. I cannot say to myself that I am not going to eat something specific! I don't think that even made sense! If I decide, "Okay, I am not going to drink soda, especially not caffeine", that is the very first thing I want morning, noon, and night- and I don't even like soda! It happens all the time when I try and eat better, the bad things are the very first things I eat! No wonder I will never loose my last 5 pounds!

I am now tagging, Dustin and Faith, my Mom, Susan, Jen Statham, Monica Mary, Kristie, and Julie. Good luck, it only took me 4 days to figure out what 7 random things I was willing to tell about myself!

3 comments:

Dion Seneca said...

I hate my kids in my room, too. And, of course, that is their favortie room in the house! I also enjoy having my husband gone every once in awhile. The 10-day trips get a bit old, but a night or two here and there give me a break...anything goes, cereal for dinner, messy house...no need to worry what he thinks about things for awhile.

I think you did a great job on your 7 things!

raw mom said...

can i just copy your things and put them on mine...i nodded my head and laughed the whole time i read yours! i think we have more in common than i have really stopped to think about...did that make sense? anyway...lets see when i get mine upo...you are my favorite ricki ever! white coat and all!!

Random samplings of my Delightful Life said...

Thanks for Sharing. You help me to feel just a bit more normal!