I know! I know! I already have two teenagers!!! But I didn't physically have to give birth to them, they were just part of the "package" so today felt a little different as I looked in the mirror! I know I am getting older, but seriously, a child old enough to be a teenager came out of my body?!!! I don't think I am prepared for that thought!
Someday I will own this picture. I love it! It has always reminded me of Rylan. Whether it is because I feel it is an older angel showing her the way in Heaven, or that it is her showing us all the way back to her. I am not sure, but since the first time I saw this, it was my favorite!
I went back and read the past two birthday posts here and here. It makes me so grateful for blogging! I wish I had the previous 10 years thoughts on this special day! I realize every year how much I have grown in this gospel, and how much I have grown to understand the reasons behind trials. Though they are never fun, they are always worth while. I would never be the person, nor would my husband, I am today without this trial in our life! Knowing that I have a child with guaranteed Celestial life makes me strive harder to do good, and want to repent for my short comings, so that when it is my turn to go, I will be able to run to a loving Heavenly Father and my sweet baby girl with no hesitation.
13 years ago today I was in the hospital giving birth to a beautiful baby girl that I didn't even know was extra "special". We spent 6 weeks with an extra cranky newborn before we were giving the mind blowing news that she has quite a few little challenges happening in her tiny little body. Not only at this time were we life flighted to Primary children's, we were also told that she had no sight and that her brain had not fully formed correctly. Since all of this happened 2 days before Christmas, they told us there was really nothing they could do for her, so we took her home and spent Christmas with my family at my moms house. This would be her only Christmas on this Earth. I am so grateful that she did get to have all her "firsts" that you have in your first year. She even got to have a first birthday party because we celebrated a few days early because we were up North for another family event. I am always to grateful to my Heavenly Father for that last weekend that every body got to spend with Rylan. My entire family was there for her birthday party, including my mom and dads families. THIS never happens, but I know that it was Heavenly Father allowing every one to have one last night with Rylan before she was called home. Through this whole experience if there is one thing I have learned about our Father in Heaven it is that he is merciful. So many things in her little short life have led me back to the mercy of Him and that he does everything as tender and as kind as he possibly can! Even when a major trial is about to come our way.
Tonight we will have our annual birthday party at the cemetery and this year we are also celebrating by going to Staheli farm. The girls decided that this is a good place for a birthday party for their sister. I think they just want a trip to Staheli farm, but whatever!
Happy Birthday, little Rylan! We love you and are so glad you are ours for Eternity!!

11 comments:
I can't believe she is 13, I was just saying how old I was to have an 8 year old. You guys must be really really old then :). She was a prescious little girl and you were a great mother to her I am sure she is so proud of you and Tony and of all the great changes you have made in your lives. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Oh Ricki, once again, you have managed to give me some spiritual enlightenment.
Rylan was a sweet little girl! It seems like yesterday we were BBQing at the park and she lay there on the blanket so heavenly. Such big smiles for a sweet baby girl. Isn't it amazing what Heavenly Father has planned for us and our families? Who knows where you would be had it not been for Rylan helping you and Tony be sealed??? She had her special little mission and accomplished what she needed to do. She was so lucky to have gotten you for a mommy and look where you are today. I loved reading your small testimony. It made my day seem all worth it. I love you and I am so proud of who you have become and what a good example you have been to me.
Happy Day Rylan you sweet little spirit!
You are such a strong, righteous, loving, beautiful mother. Rylan is a lucky girl to be able to spend eternity with you. Thanks for such a beautiful post. You said a few things that I needed to hear at this moment.
I think it is awesome that you continue to celebrate her birthday. I loved this post, thanks for sharing. Now I need a tissue.
I'm so inspired by your strength and attitude. Something that could have ruined a person with bitterness and anger, has made you sensitive to the needs of others, strong, and closer to your heavenly father! You are a great mommy! I hope I get to meet Rylan someday!
Your posts about your sweet Rylan always make me cry!! You are the best mommy ever!! I love the beautiful picture you chose for your angel! Thanks for sharing your testimony and private thoughts with us, they help me to remember why we are really here and what this life is all about, it's about eternal blessings. Thanks Ricki! And Happy Birthday Rylan!!
oh sweet little rylan! i am so so excited for the day you two are reunited...well i'm excited for your whole family...but i'm talking to you right now! i love reading your sweet birthday wishes and memories and thoughts every october...you did a good thing in the pre-exsistance, to be the mother of such a blessed girl! happy birthday, miss rylan!
Thank you so much for your comment. I know as time goes on it will all get easier I am just so grateful for his beautiful spirit! Happy birthday to your beautiful girl! I love that picture also it can mean so many things that warm the heart.
I have those pictures of your kids! I thought I saved your number but for some reason I didn't. If you don't mind just emailing me krystalsorensen4@gmail.com
Thanks again for everything!
So sweet and sad ( I was totally crying!) This is totally what blogging is for. One day in 30 years you will look back and be so glad that you did this. Doesn't that make you feel old?
Ricki, what a sweet sentiment! Hope you don't mind that I took a peek at your blog. What a strong testimony you have and I absolutely love your positive attitude! Thanks for sharing!
Ricki you have always amazed me with your testimony. Whenever I see you with Anneka it reminds me of how you too have a daughter the same age. You have always been so kind and encouraging with Anneka, it has always meant so much to me and I am sure to her as well. You are such a kind person. One of my girls were sick the other day and it reminded me of the time in Sky Mtn when Nadia was so sick and you brought over your humidifier and vapor rub. Thanks for being such a good friend and example to me.
Post a Comment