Thursday, August 26, 2010

Baptism Day


Karlin and Bishop Wood after her Baptismal interview! Thanks goodness she passed!!
August 7th, Karlin's Baptism day was finally here! I can't believe another child of mine is old enough to be a member of the Church. Time seems to fly by so fast these days! I am so happy to see my little lady get to make this decision. She is so little and sometimes I wonder what really goes on in that little head of hers, but you ask the girl a question about the gospel or baptism, and she can answer it! It makes me grateful for all of the primary teachers she has had, and proud of the things that we have taught her. I know that she has an amazing spirit and I am so excited to see what her life brings!

We ended up baptizing her the day after she turned 8, in a special family baptism that ended up being the day my sister, Jami blessed her little man too! It was a fun family event, but one that ended up being way more work than just showing up at the Stake Baptism! :) You never think about who is going to fill the font, or get the clothes, or make the invitations, or pick the music, or lead the music, or give the talks, or get a member of the bishopric to conduct! You just show up at the stake baptism and it is all done for you!......Wow! That made me tired to write down! I guess now, I am proud that we pulled it off! Her grandpa made her water a little hot, more like a hot tub she says. But I guess it was better having her come out a little pink, than like Kenzie who came out with blue chattering lips because it was so cold!
We quickly got her dressed and then went back for her confirmation. I was grateful as I sat there for all of the amazing men in my family that were surrounding my daughter giving her the gift of the Holy Ghost, and for my husband, who has come so far in this gospel! I sat there remembering the day he confirmed Troy, and how nervous he was, and how he had tried to for a split second get Troys grandpa to do the blessing because he was so nervous! We have come a long ways since then. There is no hesitation, and as I listened I knew that my husband was receiving revelation from our Heavenly Father and that the words he said were what our Heavenly Father wanted for her to know and be blessed with at this time in her life. She was so happy when she came out of that font. I was so happy that I was the first one to greet her and wrap my arms around her newly clean little body! I want so much for her in life, but mostly I want her to gain a testimony of her own of the amazing power of the Holy Ghost and the blessing that can come her way if she will follow the commandments of our Heavenly Father.






Following the baptism, we had a BBQ at my moms. I can't thank my Mom an Sister enough for their hard work! I was the picture taker and didn't really do a lot to make sure everybody was fed or happy! My mom and sister always seem to take that role on by nature! I am so grateful for their presence in the life of my family! They make up for the things I lack!

We had a amazing day! Thank you family, for supporting our little Lady on her Baptism day!
Karlin with Makia. They got to share this special day, and make it easier on all the families!
Karlin with Great Grandma D! What would we do without her?!!!
Karlin with Aunt Stacy and her amazing cake that she made for her! They don't even ask me to make them cakes, they go straight to Aunt Stacy!
Aunt Jami also made her a cake for her Baptism Day! How come I didn't get any of the cake talent?
Grandpa Jeff and Aunt Gillian made the day special too. Grandpa Jeff was one of her special witnesses for her baptism.
Grandpa Scott and Grandma Teri made everything perfect! Grandpa Scott was the other special witness and of course, Grandma did everything else to make the day perfect!
What a cute family!
She is so loved by her siblings! We are so lucky!
I love this picture of Karlin and her cousin, Kaija!


Uncle Dan and Karlin! Thanks for always supporting all the family events!

3 comments:

raw mom said...

ALL OUT baptism day!! she is such a sweet sugar...im loving her head shots you got of her...and ps...she looks like BOTH of you so much in this post! usually i see tony.. but lately it's you... she's a doll...period.


ps, you need to post some of those kamren pics so we can all drool over her cuteness :)

The McCulloughs said...

What a special day! Congrats Karlin! and I agree.. what a cute family!!

Dion Seneca said...

What a special day! She deserves it! Can I borrow Aunt Stacy and Aunt Jaime next time I have a special event? They could come in handy!!