Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Karlin's baptism photoshoot

I can't believe that I haven't even posted these amazing pictures of Karlin's beautiful baptism dress that Dion took a couple months back! I was kind of waiting for her baptism day to come, so I guess that is going to be my excuse on this one!!!








I also haven't even wrote down the story about this "mini wedding dress", as she calls it!! I am so scared to have to admit that this child is totally ME as a child!!! We walked into Lee's in the mall, and she instantly saw this dress hanging high up on a rack. As soon as she saw it, her eyes lit up and she wanted to try it on. I took one look at this dress and KNEW that it was completely out of the price range that I was willing to spend on a baptism dress, so I tried to deter her. We picked out a couple of other beautiful dresses and went into the dressing room to try them on. She looked beautiful in all of them, but when I asked her which one she liked best, she asked to try on the crazy expensive one hanging high on the rack! Well, I caved! I let her try it on! And she looked beautiful! But the price tag said $250, and I knew that was never going to happen! The cute little Asian store owner, then came over and told me she would sell it to me for $100. Better, but really? For a baptism dress?!!!! I then, tried to convince her that if she picked another dress, I would buy her the necklace, earrings, and sparkly shoes that she was eyeing. She agreed, but was still a little reluctant!!! We left with dress and accessories and headed for home. When we got home was when I knew I was not going to win this battle, even though I thought I had made her happy and not broke the bank!!!! I could hear her in the other room, showing Kenzie her dress. She says to her, "Kenzie, look at my baptism dress, it is so beautiful! But you should see this other dress at the store!!" And then I hear her explaining the OTHER dress to her!!! She then goes to Kamren and does the same thing, not knowing that I am listening to her!!!! And then her dad gets the same story!!! By this point, I start questioning if I should make her really happy, or just let her settle for the one she already bought!!! I go to Tony and ask what he thinks, and of course, shocking, he says he would give her the money so she can have the one she really wants! And then asks me why I am even fighting her about this?!!! Well, I really don't have a good answer for that, except that that is just a little ridiculous for a dress! My mom can't believe I gave in!!! I now know what I put her through all of those years! I guess I truly deserve exactly what I am getting from this child!! She did look absolutley beautiful though! The dress was exactly perfect for Karlin!!!

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

What a beautiful little girl! I think I would have done the same thing with the dress--she has great taste. I love the pictures with you and Tony. I wish we would have done something like that with each of our kids.

The McCulloughs said...

Im glad that you caved! I am sure she will remember this dress the rest of her life! Some special moments are just worth the money! SHe look beautiful and I love the pic of the 2 of you..you both look amazing!

raw mom said...

theres the story!! she is such a ricki! i love it! the other day you gave me a smile that was SO karlin and i giggled a little inside! she DID look beautiful...naturally. :)

McArthurs said...

She does look very pretty.. I cant believe she is old enough to be baptized! I am proud of you for giving in I dont know if I could of done it.. at least I still have a year in a half!

Angie Stewart Black said...

Isn't that our jobs as moms? To always give in? And what a beautiful dress it is. So perfect! She looks like an angel. She is so sweet looking. Gosh, I miss your kids. Why do they have to grow so quickly? I really can't wait to spend time with the Chambers family. We really do miss you!