Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Xcaret-Cancun

We spent our most expensive "leave the comforts of the all inclusive resort", at Xcaret! Maybe we should have read a little more about what actually went on at this place, and we definitely didn't need a whole day here, but it was fun....once!!!!

We started off the morning by exploring some of the amazing animals and insects they have there. Tony, just like his mom, has the butterfly touch! He was able to hold several butterflies, I don't have the patience! We also saw: dolphins, sharks, baby turtles, giant tortoises, sting rays, and several crazy looking farm type animals I had never seen before.




After the "zoo", we were soooo hot, we decided to do the underground river snorkeling. Anybody who knows me, knows that I HATE cold water!!!! I am a pansy and not afraid to say it! It took some coaxing, but I eventually got in, with a few screams. My mom also did so good! She said she had never snorkeled before. I was so proud of her. About half way down the river, Karlin's shivering from the extremely cold water still hadn't stopped, so Tony got out and met us at the end. There was no way I was getting out once I was in that freezing cold water!!! We didn't see many fish, but we did both have a good time.
After that, we went to another buffet, that was including in our tickets. By this point, I am about done with buffets! I am not a fan anyways, but mexican buffets have a lot to be desired, especially if you have some issues with meat!!!

We then found a little beach, where Karlin conquered this rope bridge. Tony went to try to find some better snorkeling and my Mom and I hung out watching Karlin. They also had a whole bunch of hammocks set up, where we got to enjoy about an hour nap while Tony and Karlin went exploring some more.
At this point, we probably could have been done, but everybody swore you had to see the amazing show at the end of the night. Amazing! The best part of the whole park!!! So we stayed! Oh how I wish I could have those 2 hours and minutes of my life back!!! Not only was it ALL in Spanish, so we could not understand one word of what was going on!!! It was also all about how Mexico got its freedom, done in dancing and more dancing and more dancing! We weren't fans, but at least now we know! We left a little early!

Some of the dancers from the show are behind Tony and Karlin

As we were heading out, Tony stopped again at this creepy Catholic Cathedral that they have there, again. I didn't go in, just waited at the top for him to do his exploring!!!! A few minutes later, Karlin comes running up the stairs telling me she doesn't know where her dad went! I knew where he went, somewhere he shouldn't have been!! I go down the creepy stairs, past the pews with fake people in them, and go through this little cave that Karlin points out to me her dad went through. I start walking down this path, to who knows where, get the creeps, and yell to Tony that we are leaving him and he is an idiot! I turn around and leave, practically dragging Karlin out of there because she is worried about her dad! As we are walking back to the bus, he pops up back in the gift shop, telling us he ended up in the back of the alter, and then popped out by the exit! What a crazy man!
Us in front of the creepy church.
These is an actual graveyard. Colorful, huh?!!!

A very long, kind of expensive, cultural kind of a day! We were ready for another day of doing nothing at the pool!!!






1 comments:

raw mom said...

YOU got IN the water!!! i bet tony {loved} hearing you scream!!!