Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Karlin's Trip-Cancun

We have been very fortunate, the last 2 years, to get to take our "8" year old's on a special vacation all by themselves! Some people have looked at us like we are crazy for doing such an extravagant thing for a birthday, I think my mom even thought we were crazy.....BEFORE she boarded the plane with us!!! It is so fun to be able to get away and also get to focus all of your fun and energy on just one child, especially with a big family. We have had 2 great trips now, and plan on continuing this fun tradition with the rest of the kids!

We headed to the airport early, leaving by 7AM. Kenzie and Daxton stayed at my Grandma's for the first few days, and then headed to my friend, Amy's for a couple days. Daxton even told Amy when Tony and I die, he wants her to be his Mom! Apparently he had fun if he is ready to replace me! Kamren made her own arrangements, and asked my sister to keep her! We could never have pulled any of this off if it wasn't for our friends and family chipping in to help! Dax even got to spend a day of trains with Papa all by himself! He is still telling me about Papa's trains!

We were so glad that Grandma got to join us! I wasn't sure when I first asked if she would come or not, but the trip wouldn't have been the same without her!!!
We arrived in Cancun around 330 PM, and took a shuttle the 45 minute to our resort in Playa Del Carmen. Our resort was beautiful! A little big and spread out, but great! The best part was that it was so big that after eating way to much food, we had to walk 15 minutes to get back to our room so we could burn some of it off! Maybe I just used this as my excuse to have several ice cream cones a day, every day!!!
Karlin was amazed by the whole place! I don't think that she really had any ideas about what Mexico would be like!

2 comments:

Dion Seneca said...

Wow! Now I know why you are behind on posting: If I had to write 6 posts for one event, then I would put it off for as long as I could, too.

Karlin's hair looked so cute...good call, Tony!

That must be one good UNO game! Wonder where you got that.

I never heard the lost Karlin story! It made me hyperventilate just thinking about it.

I've done Mexico a few times, but I have never done the all-inclusive resorts in Mexico. It looks like a MUCH different experience than what I have seen. I'll have to try that next time!

raw mom said...

such a sweet lucky lady!!! maybe if andy gets that job we can fly with you for a fun trip!!! love ya Kar!